- 100% engineered and assembled in the USA!
- Revolutionary electro-pneumatic Fusion Engine allows for an HPA setup in a compact space
- Complete control of the system via the Fire Control Unit (FCU), Fully Adjustable FPS and Rate of Fire, and User adjustable Semi/Full-Auto, Semi-Only, 2rd-9rd Burst, and Open Bolt and Closed Bolt Firing modes
- Instant trigger response
- Consistent performance, regardless of the temperature
- Fine tuning of the nozzle dwell allows for accurate BB feeding with any magazine
- Maximum FPS limit can be raised or lowered with optional color-coded air nozzles (sold separately)
- Uses standard AEG hopup and inner barrel design allowing for AEG upgrade parts and the use of standard AEG magazines
Polarstar Fusion Engine / What is the Fusion Engine?:
The PolarStar Gen3 V2 Fusion Engine takes place of any Ver. 2 AEG Gearbox as a direct drop-in. It is powered via a High Pressure Air (HPA) setup and only requires a small battery (7.4v-9.6v NiMH or Lipo recommended) to power the onboard computer known as the Fire Control Unit (FCU). This kit comes with the necessary core parts to convert your AEG M4 / M16 to the Fusion System, and can be used with other Ver 2 Airsoft AEGs by replacing the selector plate, trigger and Fusion Engine nozzle (additional FE nozzles, triggers and selector plates not included). HPA stabilizer and tank required but not included.
The Fusion Engine is compatible with AEG style Hopups and Inner Barrels allowing the use of standard upgrade parts. A great thing about the Fusion Engine is that stripped gears, blown motors, fried batteries, and just about every other problem with AEG's no longer exist. Say goodbye to hundreds of dollars on maintenance and countless hours fixing your gun!
Designed to answer the demands of today's hardcore airsoft player, the patented Fusion Engine is one of the most reliable, high performance airsoft systems available today. No matter if you need a high fire rate CQB setup or a high velocity sniper platform, the Fusion Engine can do it all without sacrificing dependability or trigger response. Constructed from CNC machined aluminum our system is extremely durable and is even capable of operating under extreme temperatures without decreased performance or reliability.
You can quickly change and adjust key functions of the engine via the on-board FCU (Fire Control Unit) which is no bigger than an AEG's MOSFET and can easily fit inside of a rifles battery compartment along with a small Li-po battery. Using the FCU's five position joystick and LCD display you will be able to easily adjust such functions as the systems cyclic rate, fire modes and nozzle timing on the fly.
With the Fusion Engine in your rifle you will also be able to adjust its muzzle velocity via the remote air rig (sold separately). Adjusting the PSI output on your air rig will allow you to fine tune your rifles muzzle velocity so you will always be able to get it exactly where you want it. And then for larger velocity changes we offer a series of air nozzles with varying bore sizes to shift the velocity adjustment range up or down to best meet your requirements.
The best part is that our system is extremely user friendly. Even if you have only the basic understanding of an airsoft rifle, you will find that operating and manipulating this system is very simple and does not require a degree in airsoft engineering to figure out.
HPA system not included
Compatibility: For use with most Ver.2 compatible gearbox Airsoft AEGs. M4 nozzle included, other Ver.2 nozzles sold separately.
Nozzle Color: Black
Upgraded Poppet: Red
Max Velocity: (0.20g BB @ 120 PSI)
275mm Inner Barrel: 425 FPS
380mm Inner Barrel: 455 FPS
509mm Inner Barrel: 475 FPS
*FPS listed is approximate. FPS will vary depending on PSI and barrel length used
Rate of Fire: 8 to 30 rounds per second, Adjustable
PSI Operating Range: 80-120 PSI (Do NOT exceed 120 PSI, otherwise you may damage the internal parts)
Power Type: High Pressure Air Tank (Tank and Regulator System not included)
Package Includes: Pre-Assembled Fusion Engine, FCU
Battery: 7.4v-9.6v NiMH or Lipo (Not included).
Manufacturer: PolarStar Airsoft
The Fusion Engine is a very low maintenance, advanced system that requires a few necessary parts:
Disclaimer on High Pressure Air (HPA) Systems:
HPA Tanks are a safe and effective source of power though there are some precautions you must follow. Please follow these proper precautions when using HPA systems:
- NEVER put oil in the fill valve of the tank, or else the tank can combust on refill and serious injury can occur. Lubrication is not necessary in HPA systems.
- ONLY allow properly trained professionals to fill your HPA tank.
- ALWAYS double check your Regulator pressure. Never raise the regulated pressure above 120 PSI.
- Make sure to have your tank Hydro-Tested when necessary (Usually 3-5 years from date marked on tank, depending on make and model).
- Be sure to properly transport your HPA tank. Store in a safe, secured place when in a vehicle, and be sure to stow in a bag or tank cover when in use. Avoid dropping the tank on hard surfaces as this can seriously damage the tank and lead to failure.
- Always turn off the tank and bleed the air line when you are done. This will ensure a longer tank and system lifespan.
PolarStar Precision Airsoft was formed in January 2009 to fill a need for high quality, precision manufactured airsoft components designed for performance and longevity.The 2011 release of the patented Fusion Engine HPA system marked a change in direction for PolarStar. The focus shifted from developing upgrade components within the constraints of existing systems to developing innovative HPA systems and accessories which replace the aging AEG technology.PolarStar Airsoft is a division of PolarStar Engineering & Machine (PSE&M), a unique blend of tenured American toolmakers and a full service CAE/CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Engineering, Design, and Manufacturing), special crafts machine shop keeping alive our proud manufacturing heritage of Made in the USA. Founded in 1997, PSE&M began by servicing the automotive racing industry through the design and producing systems and components from art to part. Operating under the auspices of the Delaware Association of Professional Engineers, we retain a Professional Engineer (P.E.) on staff to ensure and certify all design and engineering standards are met. In addition to our own product line, PolarStar also offers engineering and manufacturing services tailored to the airsoft industry.